Monday, March 03, 2008

Scenes from the Play

I received over 300 photos of the Manhattan Repertory Theatre's production of Can't Live Without You in January and February. Here are just a few of them.

The cast of characters:

Will Poston as Bobby and Tom Pilutik as Donny


Gary Mahmoud as Nick and Rachel Charlop-Powers as Anna


Mary Fassino as Barbara
Moments:

Barbara tells Donny he can make a fortune by turning his romance novels into movies.


Bobby asks Donny how he can write "romance literature" and leave him in the bottom of the desk drawer.


Nick shares his pride and joy with Anna.


"Lance" and "Miranda" live out the fantasy of romance novel readers everywhere.


Bobby forces Donny to come to terms with his true self as a writer.


"I can't live without you."


Donny gets back to work on Small Town Boys


Donny tells Anna about his choice and their future.


Anna looks for a happy ending...


...and makes her choice.


Bobby Cramer ponders his future.

Photos by Tamas Szalczer and Web Begole.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i always promised myself that should any of my life ever make it to the stage and the screen i would insist on heavy duty stunt casting to make me look that fucking good.

my aristophanes rip-off is coming along. we might do a table reading of act 1 soon.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa McEwan said...

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing these -- I almost feel like I was there. ;-)

I love the minimalist staging, btw. Fantastic.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos--you must be so proud!

Constant Comment

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phillip,
Congrats! Your peristence and drive to get this done are inspirational to me.
Rick

4:11 PM  
Blogger TFLS said...

Whoo-hoo!! The play is up and running. Bravo!!! Make sure you post the reviews, my friend.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home